We've added a new pay rate for flash fiction from 750-1500 words. Whereas short stories from 2k up published with FU will receive $33 per story, flash fiction will receive $15 per published story.
Other updates to the guidelines:
- Noted that submissions for issue 1 close on Nov. 1st.
- Please wait a week after a rejection to send a new submission.
- Don't send new subs as a reply to a prior rejection.
- Ask for feedback in your cover letter if you want it. We will offer something if we have something useful.
- We're going to reply to everything within about 30 days. Those stories that make it to 'round two' could be held for a maximum of three months. That is *maximum*. In practice, most of our acceptances are hitting at the two month mark.
- Check with us at the 6 week mark if you haven't heard from us.
- We'll take short stories from 2k up, but 4-6k is our preferred word count.