Friday, December 9, 2011

Pushcart Nominees 2011: Lisa M. Bradley

A few days ago, we announced our Pushcart nominees here. But then we thought, wouldn't it be much more interesting--more interesting than just a list we typed up--to let our nominees speak for themselves? Well, obviously this is a rhetorical question, and instead of wasting your time with my babble, I give you Lisa M. Bradly who gave us a short response in regard to her nomination for her poem In Defiance of Sleek-Armed Androids. Lisa already did a guest post about her poem  for us when we learned it would be reprinted in The Moment of Change, an anthology of feminist spec poetry, forthcoming in 2012.


"I'm not a spiritual person, but it felt like kismet when Fantastique Unfettered published In Defiance of Sleek-armed Androids. A periodical that operates under a Creative Commons license? A staff committed to promoting ideas unfettered by traditional copyright? I couldn't think of a more-fitting venue for my poem, which was inspired by the title of another poet's work and revels in the theme of confounding expectations. But now, I learn that FU nominated my poem for a Pushcart Prize, and I am awed all over again. Brandon and Alexa are truly committed to the works they publish and to their authors. I'd say, Could I ask for anything more?—but truth to tell, I'm a little scared of what FU might do next. I only wish I wrote more and faster, so I could send more poetry their way, and maybe score a slot in their table of contents again. For now, I am so very pleased and grateful. Happy holidays, indeed!"


We are humbled, Lisa, and grateful to have your name on one of our ToC's (so far.)  Thanks for writing!

------

Lisa's poem appeared in Fantastique Unfettered #3


Get your copy from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.